Subject: Re: Opening Intuition Screens...
From: Paul Reece <[email-masked]>
To: HANG-FIRE <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 08:41:00 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 30 Jun 1994, HANG-FIRE wrote:

> Date sent: 30-JUN-1994 
> 
> >
> >I have a question....
> >
> >How can you open an intuition screen without it popping to the front as 
> >soon as you open it??  It makes an utter pain out of loading a picture in 
> >the background etc..  Can the screen be made invisible automatically so
> >you can then display it after you have got it ready??
> 
> There should be a flag that you can set when opening a screen which causes the
> screen to open in the background.  This is documented in the Amiga Include
> files, if you like I can go home and try and find out what the flag is - I
> could probably mail you the info tomorrow.

Thanks..  I couldn't see it in the include files when I had a look..  I was
half asleep though.. ;-)
 
> In the meantime, could you use hidescreen to quickly move the screen to the
> back after opening it?  I'm not sure if there is a hidescreen command, what you
> might have to do is a ScreenToBack_(peek.l(addr screeen(0))).

There is a hidescreen..  The screen flicks up and then off though...

Anyone think that a amiprefs library is worthwhile??  If so, I'll start 
on one..  (I've been tossing the idea around).  It will allow you to alter
some parameters of the current preferences.. (ie. change pointer etc..)

 - Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul Reece, Student & Network Assistant                               \\\///
Claremont College - Tasmania, Australia                               d oo b   
                                                                      | __ |
[email-masked], [email-masked]    \__/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of Claremont College!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------